Samosa is the all time favorite snack for everyone. Whether its pleasant & balmy rainy days or chilled winter samosa is a delicious snack to compliment with your evening tea. These Super Easy And Delicious Samosa Recipes are made with easily available ingredients from your pantry and perfect for beginners that will leave you satisfied and wanting more.
- 2 cups refined wheat flour (maida)
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp salt as per taste
- Water as required
1. First, combine salt and maida together properly and sieve.
2. Then add 1 tsp oil in the prepared mixture and mix well.
3. Continue by adding the water a little at a time while kneading into soft dough.
4. Now let this dough rest for 30 mins under a damp or muslin cloth.
5. Now pinch out a small ball and roll it out as thin as you can on a rolling surface.
6. After that with the help of a knife cut your circle into half. Take one half and stretch it out by rolling it further so that it can get wider along its breadth.
7. Hold the samosa strip with your both hands. With the help of your right hand, roll the top corner of the strip down. Now fold the left side of the strip onto the fold on the right side and turn it upright to form a cone shape.
8. Now stuff this pocket with filling. Don’t put too much as you need some room for fillings to move out.
9. Avoid any holes in the edges from which the filling with leak
Ingredients for the filling:-
- 4 Potatoes (boiled and mashed)
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Lightly crushed Coriander seeds 1 tbsp
- Red chilli flakes 1 tbsp
- Cumin or jeera (lightly crushed) 1 tbsp
- 2 – 3 Green chillies
- 1/2 tsp haldi
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 onion
- Some handful coriander
1. Heat some oil in pan.
2. Add some lightly crushed coriander seeds and cumin seeds. Crushing them will help to release their flavours. Now roast them on a medium flame until they are nice brownish in colour.
3. Now add some turmeric powder and some chilli flakes for some spice. Mix the ingredients rapidly as turmeric powder burns easily.
4. Now add some salt for seasoning. Then add the semi-mashed potatoes. We will not mash the potatoes properly as we want small to medium sized potatoes in our fillings.
5. Now mix it well until they are fully combined with each other.
6. Once the potatoes are evenly combined with the spices, add in some chopped green chillies followed by onions and coriander.
7. Make sure not to cook the onions completely and leave them slightly raw. As we want the samosas to be slightly crunchy.
Ingredients for the filling :-
- 2 cups of grated Pizza cheese
- 1/2 cups spring onions
- 2 – 3 green chillies
- 1/2 tsp Crushed carom seeds or ajwain
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Mango powder or amchoor powder
1. Grate some pizza cheese into a large mixing bowl. You may even use Mozzarella cheese or regular cheese.
2. Then add spring onions to add some freshness and make the samosas crunchy. Follow the step by adding a few chopped green chillies
3. Next add some crushed carom seeds or you may use fresh ajwain too.
4. Then add in some crumbled cottage cheese.
5. Finally add some salt, pepper and amchoor powder. If you use pizza cheese or any other salty cheese, then add less salt as the cheese is already salty. The amchoor powder add some zing so be careful not to add too much.
6. Finally mix the mixture well to combine all the ingredients and flavours.
Chicken Cheese corn Samosa
- Chicken 500 gms (Boiled and Shredded)
- 200 gms Corn
- 1 cup Cheese
- Red chilli powder 1 1/2 tbsp
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 chopped green capsicum
- 3 large onions
- Chopped garlic 7 – 8
- 1 inch chopped ginger
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- Red chilli flakes to taste
- 6 – 7 chopped green chillies
1. Start by boiling the chicken.
2. Once the chicken is cooked, take it out from the water and keep it aside to cool. Then shred the chicken with your hand.
Making the Masala for fillings :-
3.Heat some oil in a pan.
4. Add some crushed cumin seeds to the pan and fry until they turn brown.
5.Next add some chopped onions to the fried cumin seeds and fry until it turn light pink.
6. Then add in some chopped ginger, garlic and green chillies and continue to saute for half a minute.
7. Now add some turmeric powder to the pan and stir quickly as turmeric powder burns quickly. Next add in some chilli powder for spice. You may add chilli flakes as well if you want your dish more spicy.
8. Now it’s time for some salt bae action. Then add in your corn. Continue cooking for approximately 10 minutes or until the corn is cooked.
9. Then add the shredded chicken. Stir it properly.
10. Once the chicken is coated evenly add in some green capsicum peices, stir and cook for atleast 1 min.
Do not cook these for long as we want a slight crunch in every bite of the samosa.
9. Then add in some salt and spice according to your taste. It should be slightly less salty as we have to add in the cheese.
10. Finally, grate some cheese & add it to your mixture. Mix the mixture properly to combine all the ingredients and flavours.
Put it all together :-
Take a samosa cone, moisten them slightly with water and fill with the fillings. You may use the samosa strips that you made, or if you don’t want to make them from the very beginning then you can simply buy pre-rolled samosa strips which are available at any store.
Then bring the edges together as mentioned earlier with water and keep it in the refrigerator for around 30 mins to prevent the samosas from opening up in the oil.
How to fry the Samosas :-
1. Heat some oil in a pan.
2. Once the oil is hot, put in a wooden spoon to check if the oil is ready for frying. If it is add the samosas and cook until they are crisp and beautiful golden brown .
3. Once cooked place the samosas on a tissue paper to drain the excess oil.
Now your delicious mouthwatering samosas are ready. Serve with your favorite green chutney or tomato ketchup according to your preference.